Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to do with sago palm and adenium

Posted by dallasblooms Dallas (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 2, 13 at 16:49

I have had success with exactly one sago palm in a pot indoors (only because I never repotted and barely touched it) but now it's got two foot long branches and clearly must need repotting or planting outside. Which one would you choose?
I also have an adenium that has been repotted and doing well for a year until my DH over watered it and the branches turned soft. The leaves are still on and green and the cadeaux (sp?) is hardish. I have left it outside in the sun for 2 weeks with no water but no change. Also it hasn't bloomed in over a year. Time for a new one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to do with sago palm and adenium

Sago palm 'Cycas revoluta' is good down to 15F and lives outside here all year, After 10 years it is up to 5 feet in a 20 inch container. Takes full sun to partial shade here. Al

o

Awesome! Going outside now. Thanks

o

Toss it if you live in my area....LOl

Just kidding..Good luck with it..I have never had any success with plants that need at least 10 sunny hot days in a row..

Mike

o

Toss it if you live in my area....LOl

Just kidding..Good luck with it..I have never had any success with plants that need at least 10 sunny hot days in a row..

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here