Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angelady777

Dollar Tree: 1 & 2 Gallon Containers - $1.00, I scored!

I haven't had much luck finding 5 gallon containers inexpensively and was in a real hurry to get my plants in containers for the fall and had to do something. I thought I'd hit the dollar store and see what they had.

They had a pretty good selection of cool containers there, and as you probably know, everything at Dollar Tree is just $1.00! I need some that were about a gallon or so and some that were 2 gallon. I have an awesome set-up now on the cheap!

There were some cool round white trash cans (they also came in blue) and some cool stackable bin-like things that had small butterflies cut out of the sides. The latter ones do stack up in a criss-cross type pattern. I noticed that they will be perfect stacked anywhere from 5 to 10 high for a strawberry planter. I suppose you could use them for many other things, too, and won't even have to drill drain holes in those ones, although they were definitely girly planters. LOL They only came in purple and pink.

Anyways, I thought I'd share with you guys who may be looking for ideas yourself. I am so excited as I feel I really scored! BTW, I also am including a link to a container site that helped show me what I could plant in what size container and the exact varieties to look for, too, if anyone is interested in checking out what they recommend.

~Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: 'Our Garden Gang' Container Veggies

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm