Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nishklepp

Is it too hot?

nishklepp
9 years ago

How do you know if your seedlings are ready to be transplanted into a boxed garden? I've just finished building both of these gardens. I didn't have much option but to put them on the South facing side of my house. I have blue lake Pole beans that were growing pretty out of control in the seed tray I had, same with the luther hill corn, so I transplanted those but I think it's still too hot. I also transplanted my Black Beauty squash. According to UF chart August would be an ok time but Im beginning to doubt. My plants looks a little ...dulll. I'm not sure what my next move should be.

I also have 56 carrot, poinsett cucumber, lacianato kale, bibb lettuce, paris island cos lettuce, black beauty eggplants, spaghetti squash, black beauty zucchini and roma tomato seds that were all planted three weeks ago. I haven't transplanted any of these because they look a little small still. I have them out on my porch where they get no direct sunlight but bright light.

Any help would be appreciated. This is my first big veggie season and I want to do it right.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Velero Deck Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structures