Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tomato surprise

Posted by zackey GA 8b (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 12 at 21:15

I was pleasantly surprised by how well my tomatoes rebounded after looking like death warmed over. They had gotten 15 inches of rain from TS Debbie. Alot of leaves had turned brown and they looked like they had some kind of virus. Now they are growing gungho and blooming! I'm glad I procrastinated from yanking them out and throwing them on the compost pile. I see where it's time to start them again for the fall season. I'm way ahead of the game!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tomato surprise

I managed to oversummer a tomato plant last year but it never did produce more fruit*. I probably should have moved it to a more protected spot during the hottest summer months.

Good luck with yours! Protect it from August!

*or maybe it did - but I didn't get an edible tomato off it all season. This year I'd given up on any sort of edible planting because I've never had luck with tomatoes or anything other type of food. Except one sweet potato. lol (that's one sweet potato, not one sweet potato plant)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here