Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jungle Growth Grower's Mix or Flower and Vegetable Mix

Posted by yumtomatoes 10a (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 27, 11 at 21:42

I am growing container tomatoes.

The flower and vegetable mix is cheaper than the Grower's Mix. Both felt heavier than the Fafard but the bags were outside and were wet, so the heaviness could have been due to the water.

Anyone have any experience with this brand? Is the flower and vegetable mix OK to use or is the Grower's mix better?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jungle Growth Grower's Mix or Flower and Vegetable Mix

You talkling about the Rainforrest mix I use the growers mix and like it. I have 12 pots going right now with that stuff in there. The soild dose hold the moisture rather well and when it gets a little dry it come right back to life and I oxgenate my water as well.

o

You want the Flower & Vegetable Mix. It is 55-65% pine fines. The Growers Mix is 55-65% sphagnum. The growers mix holds too much water for tomatoes during Florida rainy season.

~dianne

o

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here