Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My containerized plants

Posted by haxuan Vietnam (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 14, 11 at 22:23

I wish to share photos of my container plants.

In this planter, I have ivy and a kind of "grass" that produces tiny white blooms (you can see them in the second photo.) The "grass" has two varieties: variegated and all green.

This is another kind of "grass" which I brought back from the US. Would appreciate if you can provide an ID.

And a Maidenhair fern

I usually bring these plants inside to dot around my living room.

Thanks for viewing.

Xuan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My containerized plants

The grass is called Liriope or Monkey grass and it is native to East Asia. It is not really a grass, but rather a lily.

The ivy is English ivy.

HTH.

Thanks for sharing your pictures!

o

You know I had to take a peak, right?:-)

Another beautiful display of talent and gift. What a great job Xuan and thank you for sharing your lovely plants. Please keep them coming and a few view shots of your yard too if you can.

My Mom and sister also say hello back at you for the nice message you left them on the Cactus forum. You are so sweet.

Mike:-)

o

Mike: :-)

HTH: Thank you for the ID.

Xuan

o

"HTH: Thank you for the ID."

Xuan - HTH is an abbreviation for the saying Hope that Helps.

o

Great plantings!
Wish I could help with the grass ID.
Hello, Xuan and Mike ;-)

Josh

o

Your container combinations are lovely! :)

o

Hi, you do have some lovely plants, Xuan.
The one with the white edges to it, variegated, is probably called AZTEC GRASS, do not know the proper name, but I have it purchased from Lowes or Home Depot. I have mine in the ground, because it is very hardy to cold temperatures.

And I do LOVE leriope. Yours is a beautiful plant displayed very artistically with the contrasting ivy.

May I suggest that you look for any variety of ASPEDISTRA ?
It is native to many parts of Asia, and will look fantastic. It was very popular as a container plant because it can live with almost no light and grows indoors or out. I am a fan of these strong growing plants, with their strap like leaves. You might find some at home in VietNam, without need to import them. I have many plants in my sort of tropical garden that were originally from Asia. Love my camellias, aspedistra, azaleas, taro, etc!!!

o

Yumtomatoes: oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know the appreviation :)

Moccasinlanding: many thanks for your inputs. I will try to look for the plant you suggested.

Xuan

o
RE: Mike, if you happen...

... to look here, check the C&S forum, I have added some photos there.

Xuan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here