Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
white chunks in water after adding foliage pro and pro tekt

Posted by smishgibson none (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 7:46

Not sure this is the correct forum or not. Yesterday I finally got my FP and PT in the mail! I had 2 plants that were over due a watering by maybe 1 or 2 days, i had wanted to wait until this stuff came in, to try it on them.

I mixed up a batch, using water from the tap, that had been run through a PUR filter. I added the FP and PT at half strength, have it stir, and applied. I had some left, so i sat it on the counter. Before bed i went to move the watering can off the counter, and was shocked when I looked inside to see how much solution was left!!!

It looked like pieces of candle was all in the water!! has anyone seen this before, or know what may have caused it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: white chunks in water after adding foliage pro and pro tekt

How did you mix the two?

On the package, it says that you must add one or the other to water first, to prevent precipitation.

Josh

o

humm, i filled up my jug, added the FP, then added the PT, then stirred. Should i add one, then stir, then add the other? My packaging says nothing about adding one then the other, i don't think. Let me go check. :)

o

Add the ProTekt first, then fill the container with water. Finally add the foliage pro.

o

Indeed, I add the Pro-TeKt, fill with water at least halfway, then add the Foliage Pro as I fill the remainder of the container.

Josh

o

Thanks guys, i tried a variant of this, i put the PT in my 2 gallon can, filled it half way with water. Put the FP in my 1 gallon can, filled it all the way up with water, then poured it into the 2 gallon can, and mixed well. No precipitate at all. Must have somehow let the 2 mix with each other while un-diluted.

o

It's hard for me to see what I am looking at in that picture, but yeah, do not let the concentrates touch.

Also, sounds like you are letting the fertilizer solution sit. I would not, not for more than a few hours anyway. I once left weak FP unused solution sit on the counter this past summer for a few days, and that resulted in little white spherical fuzzies floating in the water. Looked liked fertilizer did what it does best - make whatever was alive in my water grow. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here