Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scored my first greenhouse for 50 bucks!!!

Posted by howelbama none (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 3, 11 at 20:14

Sorry, just had to share because im super excited lol... Got a 6x8x7 portable "spring gardener" greenhouse from lowes for 50 bucks!

Cant wait till spring...hmmm maybe I can make use of it now...any suggestions? Lol...

Below is a link to an image of it

Here is a link that might be useful: My first greenhouse

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scored my first greenhouse for 50 bucks!!!

• Posted by newgen 9 Central California (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 4, 11 at 2:59

Good deal!! Was this a clearance item? What state are you in?

o

Im in nj, it was the last one they had and I guess the manager marked it way down to move it out... Worth checking around though, not sure how it works in ca but this time of year is when the deals on outdoor stuff are to be had.. Couldnt pass it up at that price, cant wait to set it up and put it to use, though it probably wont do me much good till early next spring...

o

Great deal!!!

I would use it to store give plants a late start in coming in for the winter and give my plants an early start come the spring. You know, extend your growing season.

I would invest in a good space heater or some device that would keep temps warmer at least by ten degrees or more than outside temps come the cooler weather.

Have fun with it. I know I did when I first got mine and still do!

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here