Photobucket">

More than I expected

Photobucket">

8" Russet

Photobucket">

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recent potato harvest (pics)

Nice! Where did you get the seed for that little 2 legged fellow?

o

Those look great! I see a few red among the whites. :)
I grown potatoes in 5 gallon buckets from the local bakery. They don't get more than a couple inches, so they're always salt potatoes. I wonder if they'll grow larger if I use a larger pot.

o

Ed: Congratulations! You've convinced me that letting late season russet potatoes grow for as long as you can is the way to go. Have you estimated what your yield was compared to the number and weight of the seed potatoes you planted? Did you make the potato towers yourself? Very impressive. (And the little guy is a winner too.)

o

Not sure what the yield was, but I only planted about 6 pieces (3 potatoes cut in half) of seed potato. I'm guessing that if I planted 1 pound, I got about 5+ pounds of potatoes. The containers were here when we bought the house. I just painted them. They have a false bottom about 5" off the ground. There was probably no more than about 12" of mix in the container. The french fries we had last night were awesome!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here