Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Overwintering Meyer lemon in a container

Posted by birdman2009 7B (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 17, 11 at 10:44

So I've got a single meyer lemon in about a 4-5 gallon plastic pot, and I'm trying to come up with a minimal maintenance idea to keep it sufficiently warm this winter. I'm in N. Mississippi, so it won't be too cold, but we'll get some cold days.

I thought about moving it in and out of the garage, but it just takes one night to forget about it and I've lost my lemon. I'd rather have some sort of heating device I could set on a timer to keep the roots warm (well, 40 F or so) on cold nights. Any ideas?

Can't bring it inside - my lunatic cat will eat it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Overwintering Meyer lemon in a container

If a simple cover over it is not enough you might use a string of Christmas lights, not the new LED type, but the older ones using the 6 watts lights. Garage sales are great place to get them for almost nothing. Al

o
RE: Overwintering Meyer lemon in a container

Thanks for the thought!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here