Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jopparich

What to do with new plants (for Winter)

JoppaRich
11 years ago

I just got some plants in an order from FloridaHill. Anyone who has ordered from them knows their plants are a bit on the small side (but really cheap, so its ok).

Anyways, I got in a bunch of tropical/semitropical stuff, and some temperate stuff. The more tropical stuff (bananas, papaya) is going to come in for the winter with my Citrus.

I'm more curious about the figs,Mulberry, and muscadine grapes that I got. Normally, I'd figure they'd be fine outside for the winter (7b), but these are tiny plants that just came from warm florida, and its almost November, so I don't know if they have time to properly go dormant.

I have some unheated shed space (shed is attached to house, and has furnace/AC unit inside, but no light). Do I leave them out there for the winter, or should I just bring them in with the tropicals? I know a lot of temperate fruit needs some cold time to fruit, but I'm not worried about fruit right now.

Do they need cold to survive, or will they be fine inside for this winter (and outside next winter)

Comment (1)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES