Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Natural Containers.. Parent plants And My New Grandson!!!

Hello Everyone.

I posted a few pics over on AL's thread on "Anything You Wanted To Talk About" But i wanted to post a few more and show some of the little natural containers and the parent plants.. Pics of some other trees..

Hope you all enjoy!!

My daughter just had her little one 5 weeks ago. So i wanted to share another pic with you all!

Natural Containers..Please share your pics as well..

Love to have anyone post whatever here.. :)

{{gwi:52909}}

{{gwi:50808}}

Mother tree that these seedlings came from..

{{gwi:52910}}

{{gwi:52911}}

Mother..

{{gwi:52914}}

{{gwi:52916}}

{{gwi:52917}}

mother...

{{gwi:52918}}

{{gwi:52919}}

mother.. Desert Rose

{{gwi:52920}}

Plumeria Seedpod.. Leela

{{gwi:52921}}

Kimi Moragne Plumeria

{{gwi:52923}}

Plumeria before getting them ready for the winter...

{{gwi:52924}}

After. Sad day...

{{gwi:52926}}

Have a great night everyone... Photobucket is acting up.. ill post new little one in a few..

Night!!

Laura

Comments (12)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    11 years ago

New little grandson and me!! One day old!!

{{gwi:50793}}

4 weeks old..

{{gwi:52927}}

Take care,

Laura

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Awwwww....! :-)

Great Thread, Laura! So cool to see all the parent plants with their babies.....
    including that baby human, haha ;-)

That horseshoe crab planter is awesome!

Josh

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Awwwwwww!:-)

Wait Josh already stole my thunder:-)

What a cutie Laura, the one with the blonde hair..lol

Seriously though, what beautiful pics! I LOVE the idea of using small shells for little plants like that! Oh, and your grandson is sooooo cute!

Laura, you and I need to catch up on our plants. So do I and Josh.lol
    I need to send you your little maple and you my gardenia..:-)

By the way, I can really see the resemblance of you in that little cutie. I am so glad everyone is doing ok. Mom say's hello too!

Josh, I too LOVE the horseshoe crab.

Hope you are well too Josh.

Have a great night all and thanks so much Laura for sharing. I shall have to come up with an idea too.

I remember Al planting a plant in an Acorn of all things. I just couldn't find that pic. It's cute.

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    11 years ago

Sucha neat thread, Laura. It's soo cool to capture the innocence of a child (even if he's NOT quite so innocent when he's awake). Lol

Al

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Guys!!!

I just wanted to thank you all for the kind comments..

Josh.. SO nice to see you and i do appreciate you taking the time to post on my thread. The Horseshoe Crab is something special. We don't find them here in VB that often, so i thought it would be fun. : )

Mike.. You are so sweet to say such nice things about the little one!! He does have blonde hair!! LOL.. so i guess he is the one you were talking about!! ;-) We do need to catch up on the plants.. Your Gardenia is looking wonderful and it is ready to send off to you. I am sure you will enjoy this "Old Fashioned" variety which came from my mother's yard. The flowers are huge and the fragrance is to die for.. You will be happy!!

Thank you AL. You little Grandson is so cute sleeping...looks like an Angel!!

I had to laugh when you said.. they are so sweet when they are sleeping.. then they wake up!! Here is a cute pic of the new little one while he is awake. He isn't crying, but he is yawning...

Thanks for posting and the kind words.. I really appreciate all that you do for us.. ;-)

Take care,

Laura

{{gwi:52930}}

A few more pics..

Hawaiian Air Plant
    {{gwi:52933}}
    Cutting that i grew from the Plumeria Master ( Bud Guillot) It finally bloomed after two years.. talking about needing patience when growing Plumeria.. : )
    {{gwi:52937}}

Just for fun..here is a pic of a B-17 that i took a ride in several weeks ago. Only 10 remaining.. (Memphis Belle)
    {{gwi:52941}}

A few more containers to end this thread..

{{gwi:52944}}
    DR
    {{gwi:52946}}

Lava Flow Plumeria
    {{gwi:52948}}

If anyone wants to post fun pics..please do!!

Thanks guys for the kinds words and for taking the time...

Have a great night!!

Laura

11 years ago

Great additional pics, Laura!

I should just send my Desert Rose to you...it ain't happy in my climate. The Summer days
    are plenty hot....but our night-time temps stay in the 50F's for nearly all the season....
    only a handful of nights in the 60F's, and one or two nights in the 70F's.

Plumeria, in the area, are woken under lights and bloomed under lights toward the end of October.

Josh

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Josh!!

Im sure your DR looks great. I remember on some thread you showing your DR.

Can you post it again for me. I would love to see it!!

Thanks!!

Laura

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Hello Josh and Laura!

Laura, I was LUCKY to get what I got on mine..lol My nights are a bit warmer than Josh's, but not for long.

Mine has gone down under for over a month now, now that nights are always cool. Now, it's loosing its leaves and I am about to retire them for the winter already:-(. Can mine join yours too?

Hello Josh!:-)

Mike

• haxuan
    11 years ago

Laura...long time!

Congrats on your new family addition, your grandson is so cute.

Xuan

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Mike and Josh!!

Some of my DR's are shedding their leaves as well. Most of the young 1-2 year old trees are dropping fast, but the older trees are still green,

I did see your tree Josh and it looks great. You should keep trying.. it will bloom for you. Probably right before you decide to send it off to a new home!! ;-)

Mike.. hope yours are doing well. I just started some Thai DR's seeds and they popped in 6 days. I was amazed!!
    What am i going to do with 30 more Thai seedlings? These are special ones too! OH,,,MY!! LOL..

HI XUAN!!

Long time is right!!

SOOOOOOO nice to see you and your darling little grandaughter. What a beauty she is!!

I can understand how the plants and yard can get behind us when we have these cute little ones now.. I am so moved by this little one. My daughter had major surgery on her heart last year and we didn't know if this would even happen. We are blessed!!

I am thrilled to see you and i hope you come and visit again soon!

Give that little one a huge kiss from your friends here in the US.

Take care,

Laura

• jodik_gw
    11 years ago

Wow, Laura! Love the baby photos... and the plants are to die for! Thanks for sharing!

Our youngest grandchild just began school this fall, so enjoy that little one while still little! Time has a way of getting past us, and soon, that innocent little one will be pushing limits and not so innocent, as Al says! Nice photo, Al!

Beautiful plants, Laura... just gorgeous!

11 years ago

Hello!
    Laura, Xuan, Mike, and Jodi...hey you four! Great to see you gathered here in Autumn.
    Laura, my Desert Rose is now nearly leafless...I'm contemplating down-potting for the Winter,
    so the soil-volume will dry more quickly. We'll see. Laura, you may have convinced me to give
    the DR one more Summer....perhaps it simply isn't "mature" enough yet.

Josh