Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Succulent Planter

Posted by lindasewandsew 9 So Calif (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 29, 10 at 4:03

A friend recently downsized and had a very old large chest of drawers that she really liked, but couldn't keep. I drug home some of the drawers and other stuff she was getting rid of and built this planter for her. There are 'walls' in the drawers so the soil only goes back as far as you can see. The planter parts of the drawers are sealed with Henry's roof tar, mostly so the wood won't rot quickly, and it's standing on small metal furniture legs.

My succulents are doing sooo much better, thanks to someone on this forum. I won't mention any names, (Al) hehe!

I put a link to my favorite song below the photos. Linda

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: My favorite song

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Succulent Planter

Linda, you are very creative!
This is an awesome planter, and a great use of materials.
I love the metal legs, first of all, and the cup hanging in the middle is perfect.

Any chance we could have a list of all the succulents you've used here?
There look to be at least twenty different plants!

Josh

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 29, 10 at 13:49

Heeyyy, Linda. Where have you been keeping yourself? Great job! 'Rustic' and 'succulents' always seem to go so well together, and you have a nice eye for combining things. ;o)

Al

o

Thanks Josh and Al, I'm always lurking here, but don't post much. Too busy running in circles getting almost nothing done, lol.

Sorry, there's not a chance of me knowing the names of these succulents, although others here can probably name them all for you. Definitely name impaired, but if you email me, there's a good chance you can get a care package of cuttings from all or most of them. My friends and I like having a large variety of succulents and some cactus, but don't much care about what to call them. Linda

o

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 30, 10 at 10:25

Very cool! Nifty idea! I like it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here