Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jodik_gw

Happy Thanksgiving!

jodik_gw
12 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving, and the best of the Holiday Season to everyone!

May you all experience the greatest happiness and joy this Season has to offer!

I'm grateful for the friendship, help, and generosity of my wonderful gardening friends here... and so much more!

Have a wonderful day! :-)

Comments (9)

• ronalawn82
    12 years ago

jodik, and the very same to you and yours.
    And all you other good people
    Of the Gardenweb.
    All people.
    All forums.
    (Should that be 'fora'?

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    12 years ago

A happy thanksgiving to the Fora, indeed! ;-)
    Hey, Jodi, eat well!

Josh

• jodik_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, ronalawn... and thanks, Josh!

I think I ate too much... no room for dessert, which is looking like it'll have to wait... how does pumpkin pie with whipped cream sound for tomorrow's breakfast? ;-)

Fora, the new plural of forum... I like it! It makes sense... especially since we usually talk about flora and fauna! :-)

I trust you have had a lovely day, both of you? Time to relax...

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hi Jodi,

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!!

We ate to much here as well...But i did save room for Pumpkin Pie!!! : )

If i didnt have my little slice tonight...i think it will be gone by the morning!!! Lots of Pie eaters here in the evening!!

Take good care of yourself and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Laura in VB

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    12 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Jodi - and to everyone else @ GW. It seems that today, the day after Thanksgiving, the things I'm most grateful for are those wonderful little holes in my belt and the elastic in my waistband.

Seriously though, I've never felt that Thanksgiving should be locked up in a single day. Mr. Martin says it nicely for me ..............

Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow. ~Edward Sandford Martin

Al

• calistoga_al ca 15 usda 9
    12 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and Jodi I hope you were able to spend yours with your family pharmacist. We enjoyed dinner and the day with our son and grandson who have transformed their garden from the pine woods into a multi level paradise. It is only a coincidence that he lives in the town of Paradise California. Al

• jodik_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

How very true, Al... once a year is not nearly often enough to be thankful! :-)

Laura, I grabbed a couple of pie slices and stuffed them in our upstairs fridge... we got to enjoy them the next day! I know how it is, though... I'm a sweets freak, myself! :-)

Calistoga Al, we weren't able to travel north, but we had a nice dinner here, just the same. The October wedding travel did in our budget, but we will see everyone for Christmas. It sounds like you got to spend quality time, and built a nice yard/garden in the process! I bet it's lovely! :-)

I'm glad to hear everyone had a nice Thanksgiving Day! And now, here comes the cold Midwest winter weather... winter is just about upon us. Let us hope it's short and mild!

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    12 years ago

Greetings!

We had a three-day bonfire at a friend's property, from Thanksgiving through Sunday.
    I think it'll become a Thanksgiving tradition.

Josh

• jodik_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Josh, that sounds like a lot of fun! When you say bonfire, I'm assuming you mean bigger than a campfire, right? We could potentially do the same, having enough downed trees and tree debris throughout parts of the wooded property. That would be a nice tradition... everyone gathering around and enjoying the warmth during the chill of the season. I'm glad you guys had a good time!