Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
depth of container.

Posted by augiedog55 none (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 13, 11 at 9:21

I been looking around the site and aske a few questions and depth of container seems to be as important as wideth. My question is I was on a website yesterday it was blackkow.com. They were growing tomatotes in a 50lb bag of their manure. The bag isn't more than 6 inches deep and they poked holes in the botton like a container for drainage and then flipped the bag over and cut 2 4inch holes in a third of the wayin on the bag and planted to tomatoes. they claim you can grow alot of tomaotes that way.. They have no depth in their method so the roots must grow sideways.. If you get a chance look at thei site and 5 min video.. I found it interesting. what do you think
Thanks
Bruce

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: depth of container.

It is possible to do a LOT of things. It has been proven you can "make a silk purse out of a sows ear". Other than proving it can be done, does anything else recommend it? Al

o
RE: depth of container.

Just because something CAN be done, doesn't mean it works optimally, nor does it mean it should be done. CAN it be done? Sure. Why would you want to, though, if you have better options available?

For one thing, I'm not crazy about the medium choice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here