Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fortyonenorth

Repti Bark: particle size variation

fortyonenorth
12 years ago

I know there's been some question about varying particle size of Repti Bark in the small vs. larger bags. I emailed customer service and received this reply:

Thank you for contacting us. The particle size of the Repti Bark should be the same regardless of the package size. This is a natural product, so there can be some variation in size, but it shouldn't be much and is not dependent on the package.

This makes sense as it would seem to be tremendous work to screen for different sizes for the different packaging.

On a slightly different note, but still on the subject of pine/fir bark...

This is generally the most difficult element for me to find with any consistency. As many have posted, the big box stores sometimes carry the "right" stuff, but more often carry some variation that isn't quite right. I haven't tried the Repti Bark, but I have to admit that on the scale that I'm growing, the price gives me pause. Are there any economical sources for fir bark in the midwest?

Finally, I've noticed that the suggested size for the fir bark vs. PB is slightly smaller. Does this infer that the fir bark breaks down at a slower rate? Is there any other benefit to fir bark over pine bark?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH