Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kissingfrogs2003

Winter Veggie Help

kissingfrogs2003
12 years ago

I tried asking these couple of questions once before with minimal response so hoping a repost will help...

1)Radishes and Carrots

~I know radishes do well in winter so I plan to keep those going but unsure about carrots...can I plant them as well this time of year in pots and get some "salad toppers"? (fyi these are mini varieties- sparkler radishes and baby finger carrots)

2)Spinach and Lettuce

~I have spinach (melody variety) that I know will stand up in freezing temperatures. What about lettuce? I have very small head variety (forget the name) that is producing leaves currently but wodnering if that will stop and/or if I will be able to plant more!

3) Herbs

~I am hoping to bring my herbs indoors but in case I can't...is there anything than can survive winters outdoors? I have the following herbs at the moment: sage, dill, parsley, cilantro, thyme, catnip, oregano, rosemary

~ ALSO, is there any form of basil that survives outdoors in the winter? All of my plants are fading fast and havent moved beyond two leaf pairs each. I would hate to have nothing to use until warmer weather... (sadly lost all my freezer supplies to a tragic electrical malfunction). IF NOT: what kind do you recommend to grow indoors with limited light available?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz