Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jerryventura2

Black Bamboo in container, repot or discard?

I just wasn't finding anything in the bamboo forum so I thought I'd try out everyone here.

I have a black bamboo that has been in a large concrete container (2x2x3) for about 5 years. It was given to me by a friend at the nursery, so I just poured in some mix (way before I knew about Gritty) and planted it. It's nice considering I haven't done anything to it since potting it, but It's time to do something about it and I'd like to hear what you all think.

I'm not sure I should try and keep it in that container or get rid of it. The yard isn't an option, nothing that isn't edible goes into my yard that needs water after the first year, I've been switching over to natives. If I keep it should I try the Gritty Mix, or a variation of that? I never heard Gritty mix mentioned once on the bamboo forum, it was more talk of lots of compost. If I keep it going in that container I'm guessing I'm going to just cut out a chunk and discard the rest. Then would re-potting every 2 years be a better schedule for this plant? You think it's not worth my time and I should get a better option?

Looking forward to some idea's,

Jerry

Comments (3)