Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Raybo's Leak-proof InnTainer Construction Guide Now Available

Posted by rnewste 8b NorCal (rnewstead@aol.com) on
Thu, Nov 10, 11 at 17:34

After the past year of development / testing, I am now releasing the InnTainer Construction Guide for general use. The design is optimized for indoor growing of tomatoes, peppers, etc. during the Winter months. It employs a combination of natural sunlight, supplemented by artificial lighting, when necessary.

The InnTainer is based upon the Rubbermaid 18 gallon tote:

Photobucket

The key innovation has been to incorporate a 3 gallon water reservoir with a real-time level indicator system:

Photobucket

The Guide is pretty comprehensive, but if you have any issues, be sure to holler.

Photobucket

Here is a direct link to the Construction Guise:

http://earthtainer.tomatofest.com/pdfs/InnTainer-Construction-Guide.pdf

Have Fun!!!

Raybo

Here is a link that might be useful: Raybo's InnTainer Construction Guide

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Raybo's Leak-proof InnTainer Construction Guide Now Available

Ray could you tell me why dehydrated lime is dangeress? I like your in trainer very good built,sturdy.I like to built several of these. I like to know what do you do with the container medium after it is "used-up",say after a couple of years.Do you constantly replenish your "soil"

o
RE: Raybo's Leak-proof InnTainer Construction Guide Now Available

First off, I am not a Chemist - - but in the research I've done Hydrated Lime is VERY fast acting and can cause problems with soil pH balance. Dolomite Lime on the other hand, is much slower to react, and will over time, be better to control BER in tomato plants.

Raybo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here