Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_355114

Happy THANKSgiving

A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues. ~Cicero

Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart. ~Seneca

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.

Al

Comments (17)

• johnweh
    13 years ago

Imagine where we would be today if the pilgrims had Al's Mix.
    Happy Thanksgiving Al & thanks for all of your help.
    John

• haxuan
    13 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to you, all my friends on the other side of the globe.

And, especially, Happy Thanksgiving to M-G-A-G-S!

Xuan

• jamiedolan
    13 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

{{gwi:54639}}

{{gwi:54640}}

{{gwi:54641}}

Akiva:
    {{gwi:54643}}

Jamie

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    13 years ago

Hail and Happy Thanksgiving, Garden Friends!

Yes, a debt of gratitude to Al, for sharing the keys to success! Cheers!

Josh

• jojosplants
    13 years ago

Al~
    Those are wonderful quotes, thanks for sharing them. :)

I've been here just a tad over a year now, and am Thankful for some wonderful friends i've made here, and all I've learned. :)
    I'm not going to try and name you all, for fear of forgetting someone,(i've been baking and am tired. lol) but you know who you are. ;)

Well said Josh, indeed a debt of gratitude to Al!
    Not only for sharing the keys to success, but for his patience, and the time he gives all of us here, so we can be happy with what we grow.

And to you too Josh, for always being patient with my endless questions, outside of GW, and being such a great friend. ;)

A very Happy and Safe Thanksgiving to you all!
    JoJo

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    13 years ago

My pleasure! ;)

Josh

• ykerzner
    13 years ago

Your quip is awesome, John!

• threas
    13 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Al! Everyone have a wonderful day with family & friends! :)
    Beautiful COTs and pup, Jamie!

Theresa

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just came to say "Hi" to everyone. I'm the cook at my house, and I've been at it since yesterday afternoon. The bird's in the oven so I get a little breather before I start with the rest of the meal.

I wrote something to a friend last night, but I'll expand the wish to include everyone:

My wish for you and yours is that your life is now, and will forever be, filled with more things to be thankful for than you could ever hope to number.

You guys are all so kind. No wonder I like hanging with plant people! ;o)

Al

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

A very special THANKS to Al for all he's done sharing his knowledge and unselfishly giving us advise and most of all his never ending desire to help us grow our plants as best as we can possibly grow them. We're eternally grateful for that :o)

Enjoy this wonderful Holiday!

• jamiedolan
    13 years ago

Thank You.

I was in a hurry last night and didn't get a chance to post additional info with those photos. Those COT's were looking rather sad just a couple weeks ago, with minimal blooms on them.

I replanted them in the Gritty mix (Turface, Bark & Perlite) as well as I started using Foliage Pro. I also started using Proteckt from the same company.

I've planted many things in the gritty mix now, and just about all of them look 100% better.

Prior to the gritty mix and Foliage Pro, that variegated COT's was looking really quite sad, it took it just over a week in the new mix with foliage pro to completely turn around.

Even my schef that had the traumatic transplanting experience is doing well in gritty mix. It is even amazingly putting out new growth.

{{gwi:54645}}

Thanks again Al & everyone else for the assistance and putting up with all my questions. It's been a bit of a crazy fall for me and I know I forget things and repeat things at times. So Thanks again for your patience.

Hope everyone has a great Turkey Day!

Jamie

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

The SAME to all of you too..

Thank you for the warm wishes, great friendships, pictures, help to grow my plants wisely, and for everything in-between..

Many hugs to you all..

THANK YOU AL for connecting us all.

Mike

• jojosplants
    13 years ago

I guess he did, didn't he Mike. ;) One more thing to be thankful for. :)

I've been baking all morning, now exhausted and time to head out the door!

Wonderful day to you all!
    JoJo

• jodik_gw
    13 years ago

I'm sorry... I'm late to the party! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful that we have a place to come and share our thoughts, opinions, and knowledge... and I'm thankful for all my wonderful gardening friends!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! I trust everyone is enjoying leftovers... ;-)

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Better late than never, Jodi. ;o)

Couldn't do leftovers 3 days in a row, so went out for Mexican tonight, leaving the last of the leftovers for tomo.

Al

• jojosplants
    13 years ago

Hi Jodi! :)

Good to see you. :)

No left overs here, yet. lol...
    We went to someones house, so I haven't cooked our dinner yet. soon though. :)

My inlaws are here from Indiana, so we spent it with them. Had a great time. :)

I hope everyone else did too!

No, time to start getting serious about Christmas Baking. ;)

JoJo

• jodik_gw
    13 years ago

Glad to hear everyone had a nice time! I love leftovers... but we try not to make too much of all these fattening foods!

Everything's gone, except 2 pieces of cherry pie and a helping of sweet potatoes... my lunch for today... well, not both pieces of pie! Just one!

I don't even want to think about Christmas yet... but I better get my shopping finished for the grandkids... maybe I'll get lucky and find a deal on bulbs, for me! ;-)