Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Root Prune Calamondin Orange?

Posted by jimla Z6 PA (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 19, 11 at 21:07

The pot is cracked on my 10 year old orange and needs to be changed. While its out thought I would root prune since it has been about 5 years since the first time I did it. But it does not seem to go dormant with leaves and oranges coming all year round. Its out in the summer and now inside for the winter. I also have one root at the surface that looks like it could strangle other roots and thought I would remove that too. Is now a good time to root prune or is there a better time?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Root Prune Calamondin Orange?

Now is not a good time to root-prune.

Later in Spring is a much more optimal time.

I would only do the root-work now if it were a life or death situation.
If the tree has enough vitality to make it through another winter, it will
recover much faster if re-potted next year.

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here