Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k_tex

Online #2 cherry stone suppier

k_tex
10 years ago

For those of you like me who have had a hard time finding a
good supplier for gran-1-grit or cherry stone I located one online who sells a 50 Lb bag for a little less than $6.00 with free shipping.

http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/cherry-stone-2-poultry-grit-50-lb-/0000000096432

This post was edited by K-Tex on Fri, Nov 29, 13 at 22:55

Comments (13)

• seysonn
    10 years ago

sells a 50 Lb bag for a little less than $6.00 with free shipping.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That sounds unbelievable. Shipping a 50# bag would cost more than $6:

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    10 years ago

Huh! It does say free shipping up until the middle of Dec. It'll be interesting to see if they honor orders for cherrystone, or if they have a disclaimer somewhere that gives them an out.

Al

• k_tex
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just checked my email for the shipping info. So far so good. I will keep you posted as to whether or not they honor the free shipping.

• seysonn
    10 years ago

Another thing is that I think, if indeed they do what they advertise, this is a promotional campaign and they are trying to build a customer base and name recognition. It is so obvious that they cannot make money on such offers.
    So if you can use the product, take advantage of the offer. Probably they have a LIMIT per customer.

• k_tex
    Original Author
    10 years ago

To all those concerned,

As of today the order has shipped.

Kevin

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi K Tex!!

I just placed an order and there is a weight limit so I could only order one bag to get the free shipping, but I asked if I could order another next week and they said yes. I wanted to order 4 bags and the shipping was going to be in the hundreds... So one at a time will work. You have until the 18 th of Dec to take advantage of this fantastic promotion!

I'm tickled to be able to order it and with free shipping!!

Thank you so much for letting us know!!! ;-)

Take care,

Laura

• Starlight Botanist
    10 years ago

Hey guys!! this is awesome, thanks for letting us know. I want to get 2 or 3 bags. I will wait until my first bag shipped, then order another. I just order the first a minute ago.

Take care! :-)

• k_tex
    Original Author
    10 years ago

To all,
    I am glad you are having the same luck as i did. I did find out that shipping more than one bag at a time was not feasible but i like you Laura thought that if my first order went through that i would order a second when the first one shipped.

Good luck to all of us!
    Kevin

• seysonn
    10 years ago

I hope that will honor your second order. But probably from your name and address they will find out. Obviously this is a promotional offer that they are losing money by doing it. They hope to get you hooked.
    I wonder what "Cherry Stone" actually is ? is it natural stone ? What size are they?

• Starlight Botanist
    10 years ago

It looks to be 100% "quartzite"

http://www.tccmaterials.com/pdf/CSgritdata.pdf

I am hoping they honor our second orders also. We shall see. :-)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Yes.. It is crushed Quartzite and the size 2 runs 3/16 in size which is perfect for Gritty Mix! I really love this stone more than Gran- I-grit just because of the color in the container with the Turface and FirBark looks wonderful!!! Especially my Bonsai trees.. They are very happy!!! I have been using the Gran-I-grit ( crushed granite) only because it is mined so close to me in Mt Airy NC This is wonderful too! But if I had a choice. Cherrystone all the way. Can u tell I love Cherrystone!!! ;-)

Makes me so happy to have this great deal...

I spoke with a very nice lady and she said they will sell it to us again, but one at a time. I'm sure all of this interest and others checking out their sight has brought in business. They know what they are doing!! It's awesome for everyone!! We both win!!! ;-)

Take care,

Laura

• Starlight Botanist
    10 years ago

I received ours yesterday. :-) It was packaged poorly, and the bag had ripped open in the box. Took about 20 minutes to get everything cleaned up. All said and done, extremely worth it. This stuff is a much better size than 'manna pro' poultry grit, the only kind available locally.

Thanks again for letting us know about this deal!!

• k_tex
    Original Author
    10 years ago

To all,
    I received both of the bags i ordered on the same day(Friday)if you can believe that. Both were boxed well and no tears in the bags.Smish sounds like it was either a bad day on the shipping dock or an issue with the shipper. Hope you have better luck next time.

Kevin