Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lonelylib81

Discolored Cucumber Plant

lonelylib81
11 years ago

Hello,

I live in SW Florida and I recently restarted my green thumb hobby. This time I'm using containers and I live in SW Florida.
Man, I've been living down here for 6 years to be closer to my father, and this is by far the worst place I've ever lived. However, for gardening this place is great. I'm probably moving back North with my Floridian native girlfriend. I want to show her how it is to live in a more enlightened culture.
Excuse my rant...
I'm hoping that the picture that I attached can give some of you an idea of what's going on. This is my second cucumber plant. My other plant is wrapped up on a trellis 7 foot high, is dark green (with some sparse yellowing, especially on outside edges of leaves) and is producing a cuc every other day.
Similar to my other cucumber plant, this one was propagated from seed, started off dark green and showed vigorous early growth. It's been the same height for over a week now and has begun some flowering.
IT MAY BE A DIFFERENT STRAIN. I GOT MY SEEDS MIXED UP.

As you may be able to see from the picture, this plant is colored light yellow and is blotchy. It seems like leaves are dying more than usual.

pH is neutral, it's got nutrients, lots of sun, and is being grown in a 20 gallon tote full of a soil-less potting mix. I water it with between 1 to 2 gallons of water a day.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Regards.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz