Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Start of a Container Garden Please Help

Posted by lnewport TX (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 1, 12 at 15:17

Greetings.

I hope someone can help me with this.
I ran across the idea of using Galvanized Water Tanks. I found some at a local tractor supply store and want to purchase a 100 gallon tank.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/oval-galvanized-stock-tank-2-ft-w-x-4-ft-l-x-2-ft-h-100-gal-capacity-2177201

Does anyone know whether a tank this size be adaquate to normal tomato plants? I would like to grow tomatoes NOT designed to grow in containers and probably about two of them.

Thank You!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Start of a Container Garden Please Help

I would be concerned it would get way too hot in TX. Do you know anyone in your area using these for plants?

JoJo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here