Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
samuelforest

Is my gritty mix okay?

samuelforest
12 years ago

Hello guys, I just maked my first gritty mix in Montreal Quebec Canada. It was made with repti bark, turface MVP and poultry grit. I would like you guys to say your opinion about it espiecially AL's one.

Here's how it looks like

poultry grit

{{gwi:57014}}

poultry grit

{{gwi:57016}}

Turface MVP

{{gwi:57018}}

Final product

{{gwi:57020}}

Final product

{{gwi:57022}}

Thanks in advance

Samuel Forest

Comments (4)

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    12 years ago

Looks good! Only questions are: Did you screen the ingredients and is the poultry grit something other than limestone or crushed shell fish? I know it says 'poultry gravel', but just checking. I'm surprised that you found Turface in Canada. Good job! I know you'll be pleased. Keep your eyes open for a less expensive source of pine/fir bark; and keep your thread active by asking questions as they arise - if they do. ..... and remember that it holds more water than you think it is holding.

Al

• samuelforest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello Al! Yes, I screened the ingredients and the poultry grit is not limestone and shellfish. It looks like quartz, I really don't know,I checked on the site of the compagny ,but I was unable to find what it was...

Yes I know repti bark is expensive, and here in Canada they sell only 8 quarts bag...

The Turface was not that hard to find, I went on Turface MVP website and I was able to find a distributor near Montreal. It's a big greenhouse that make fertilizer and sells to other greenhouses and even farmers. The turface was bit more expensive than yours because I'm in Canada and it cost 17$, but when I saw the bag, I said OMG it's big. If someone is interested their name is Plant Prod and their website is: http://www.plantprod.com/

Thanks Al
    Samuel Forest

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    12 years ago

You're in good shape ....... and so very welcome. Between a sincere wish for a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays - pick the one that leaves you feeling best!

Al

• samuelforest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Al.