Return to the Container Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to put it after potting into 5-1-1?

Posted by earthworm73 WA z8b (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 28, 12 at 23:53

I am getting a young palm (1 gallon size)for my birthday. It's coming in the mail so I am forced to have to pot it. Of course I am gonna use 5-1-1. I have two options for it after the potting. I now own a small greenhouse that I can keep at least in the 60's on sunless days or inside of the house in a low light area for the next week or two for it to adjust. Which one would be best?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to put it after potting into 5-1-1?

Considering shipping can take at least a week I'd opt for inside for a while and then a short transition to the green house later.
Happy B-Day

o

Hi Earthworm.

I would agree with the above poster... Let it rest in your house for a week and then transfer to the greenhouse.. Remember, most of us like to repot in the spring, but i think that you have some that need potting up as soon as you receive them correct? Good Luck!!

Spring is the best time, but sometimes we have to alter the repotting time to give the plants the best that they need..

Good luck.. i'd love to see the greenhouse!!! Sounds great!!!

oh.. i looked to at your bday... Happy early Birthday too!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! ;-)

Laura

o

Thank you for the birthday wish. I know winter is not the ideal time to receive and pot up palms and such but when this addiction calls your name after you see a deal its hard to say no. My greenhouse is nothing to talk about. It's one of those pop-up deals. I have a small yard (think subdivision) so it is ideal for my space. If the sun decides to make an appearance tomorrow I'll snap a pic or two.

I am looking at getting 3 palms over the course of the upcoming week. I'll take yalls advice and sit them inside of my house for a week or so before they meet all of their brothers and sisters in the greenhouse.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Container Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here