Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fliptx

I dreamt about a harvest...

fliptx
18 years ago

Last night I had a dream that I had planted some kind of mystery squash seed and that when I woke up the next morning, my back fence was covered in squash. It was everywhere. They were cucumber-shaped but a robin's egg blue color, with a slightly warty, almost velvet textured skin. It was like being invaded by alien pods, there were so many!

Does anyone else have gardening dreams?

Comments (9)

• wayne_5 zone 6a Central Indiana
    18 years ago

I seem to be back at work so often in my dreams .....retired for 5½ years now. I would love to have some super abundant garden dreams.

• booberry85
    18 years ago

I'm dreaming of a good tomato and bean crop this year. I'd also like to plant a "Dr. Suess" garden one of these years. Yellow, orange, purple, black and striped tomatoes; red or purple beans; Carnival peppers; Lemon Cukes; 8-ball zukes; purple carrots, Graffiti and Cheddar cauliflower....Can you picture it or am I just nuts (maybe I shouldn't have asked that)?

• jimster
    18 years ago

Flip,
    I don't recall having a vegetable dream, but I have a recurring dream about fishing which is very similar. I am standing in a river surrounded by large trout, catching them with ease. It's a happy dream.

Wayne,
    I wondered if I was the only one bothered by those work dreams. I've been retired about the same length of time as you and am getting pretty dang sick of going back to work in my dreams and not even getting paid.

Boo,
    Yes. You are nuts. In a very nice way, however. The Dr. Suess garden is definitely worth doing. I'm probably nuts too. I find being nuts to be a good source of cheap entertainment.

Jim

• vgkg Z-7 Va
    18 years ago

Ha, I'm just a couple of years short of retiring and whist at work I dream of gardening. Sure hope it's not the other way around like youse guys, ugh!

• jimster
    18 years ago

We should sue for back pay. Right,Wayne?

Jim

• fliptx
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Booberry, I think that sounds like a great idea. Maybe you could add in one of those green eggplants for the "Green Eggs". ;)

• booberry85
    18 years ago

I am trying a few things towards the Dr.Suess garden this year. I have tiny Yellow Pear tomato seedlings, Blue Marble and Crescent Moon Eggplant seedlings and I'll also be trying Asparagus beans and Royal Burgundy beans for the first time this year.

• fliptx
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I had another gardening dream last night. I dreamt that I killed a praying mantis, mistaking it for a stinkbug. That wouldn't happen in real life, but in the dream it was a real source of confusion!

• remuda1
    17 years ago

I dreamt last night that the temps here never got above 80 and my early girl tomatoes bore delicious fruit all through the summer and the leaf lettuce didn't bolt and the spider mites never found my cukes and that my husband had ordered the load of dirt I need for new raised beds.

Then I woke up...WAAAAaaaaaaah!

Kristi