Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dannyholikati

Ground Hog and Possum problem !!!

dannyholikati
17 years ago

We purchased an new home 3 years ago and I have finally cleared a area out back for vegetable garden..about 40x30...and we have groundhogs and possum...the area where our house was built was farmland and I think the ground hogs and possum were there before the house were built...I did buy a trap and have caught 1 possum so far and relocated him...I think that whe I catch and relocate the ground hog and possum that are there I will be O.K...it is a neighborhood now and I think once I get rid of these guys no more will be back...my question is...if I do not catch all of the groundhogs and possums before my garden is planted can I spray my seedlings with something(diluted tabasco sauce) or something...I do not want to kill these guys...they were there before us,but I do want a garden...what spray would work and not harm the seedlings...I am growing silver queen corn,cantaloupe,squash,watermelon,tomato and sweet peppers...I also heard that you can dust the seedlings with baby powder...PLEASE...ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND TIME...Danny

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm