Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jany_pr

Posting picture

Jany_PR
18 years ago

How can I post a picture here for ID what I think is a bitter melon. Also I want to know if it is ok to eat the red pulp that surrounds them.Thanks.

Comments (9)

• breezyb
    18 years ago

Go to the forum index. There's a "Test" forum listed that describes how to post pics & where you can experiment posting them.

• ChicoGirl
    18 years ago

Some people eat the red pulp inside the bitter melons. I don't eat the pulp because I don't like the taste and I prefer the crunchy bitter melon dishes.

Have you tried google images?

Here is a link that might be useful: bitter melon

• Blane_in_MS
    18 years ago

why is posting a pic here so Dam difficult???????????????

isny there any simple info on this?????????

• gonefishin
    18 years ago

I guess that if I can do it, it has gotta be simple. There are a few key things involved. First go to photobucket dot com or some place that that hosts pictures and that you can "hot link" from. There are some free ones, and some that has unlimited space for a modest donation. Once you have set up an account, upload your pictures to that site. I do not bother trying to edit or do anything with my pictures before uploading, since photobucket resizes them automatically when you upload them. After they are parked on their site, I click on edit, then resize them to 75% of what they resized them to to prevent them from being so big that people have to scroll back and fourth horizonatlly to read associated text.
    Once that is done the rest is really simple, just highlight, and copy (Control C ) the middle line of text below the picture which has the word Tag in front of it. Then go to the place that you want to put the picture, type your message, reply or whatever, and when you get to the point that you want the picture to show up, place your cursor there and paste (Control V) that text from the tag link there. It will just show up as text until you click on the preview message button then the picture will appear instead of the text. If you move the pictures around on the host server site, it will break the link and the picture will no longer appear, so do not later go back and rearrange your pictures. Hope that helps a little.
    Bill P.
    Sample
    {{gwi:4384}}

• naturalstuff
    18 years ago

Very easy posting pics. Go to http://photobucket.com/. Sign up, its free. Start uploading your pics into your photobucket album. You will then see the pic come up and 3 different tags. Copy the middle tag, then come here and paste it into your message. Done.

• thatcompostguy
    18 years ago

I host them on my own website at work, so I had to find the syntax to do that. Use HTML tags around the URL for your image.

There's an FAQ somewhere that explains posting pics on GW. But it is pretty simple once you get them to a website that will allow them to be seen from here. If you can view the image by itself on the screen from the host website, then it ought to work here, and that is the URL that you want.

This is the URL to see a pic of my wildflower patch...
    http://people.clemson.edu/~chrisb/dump/yellow/dsc01515med.jpg

I enclose it with img src tags and voila...
    {{gwi:4385}}

• gonefishin
    18 years ago

Chris, it looks like y'all are still getting rain over there in SC. We have not had any since early June and things are really taking a beating here with the hot dry weather.
    Bill P.

• thatcompostguy
    18 years ago

It's been steady. Sometimes a few days without, but even when it's not raining, it's humid. No, wait, HUMID!

• marcie_new
    14 years ago

Does any one wants to trade bitter melon seeds with me? Pretty Please,I would like to grow this vegetable in order to cook it for diabetic purposes,I can pay postage if nothing else. Thanks Marcie_new

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting