Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aka_peggy

Farewell buddy...a tribute to my cat Cato

aka_peggy
18 years ago

I've had a lot of stuff going on in my life lately. Most not too serious (except for getting my truck stolen and burned) but today I lost a dear friend and buddy. My cat of over 16 yrs, Cato had to be put to sleep and it tore my heart out. He was my gardening companion and he followed me everywhere I went. He loved hanging out in my veggie garden...and peeing in the soft layers of my raised beds. When I'd catch him I'd chase him or spray him with the water hose. But I think he enjoyed that...nah-nah-nah-nah-nahh...can't catch me!!!

Cato was a mixed Burmese male with more personality than some (OK...most) of my family. He loved to purr in my ear in the morning when he wanted me to wake up. Or walk on me while I slept and stick his wet nose in my ear. Sometimes he would wake me by touching my face with his paw. This was because I wouldn't wake up when he walked on me or stuck his wet nose in my ear.

I could go on all night about the personality traits of this wierdly personable cat. He stole my heart and then he ripped it out when he passed on today. I also have to mention that he was an awesome mouser and voler.

A few weeks ago, his kidneys began to fail and he became anemic. Recently he was unable to eat and all he could do was lie around for lack of energy. It broke my heart to see him like that. Sadly we had him put to sleep today.

He will be missed so much.

Adios Cato buddy~I won't forget you.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor