Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wordwiz_gw

I think I got banned from a forum

wordwiz
13 years ago

When I try to visit a site, all I get is a blank page. If I disable cookies, I go to the site, but if I try to log in, I get the blank page.

I think two things led to this. One of them was the site owner blacklisted Baker Creek Seeds (rareseeds.com) because of a personal disagreement. I PMed him that I have been doing business with them for years and never had trouble with their seeds not germinating true, order mixed up, anything. Yes, I did say it is his forum and he can do whatever he wants but that Randel has always treated me great.

Then a couple of days ago, a member posted a link to a great resource - How To Hydroponics. It's a downloadable pdf file that has, among lots of info, step-by-step info on how to build several types of hydro units. He sells the book, and it is copyrighted.

I pointed this out and was told the site only had a link to the file, not hosting it. You can read the thread at http://www.(a fav, red garden plant + ville.com/showthread.php?t=16385&page=1. (Sorry about the cryptics but apparently that site has spammed Garden Web and the word is not allowed!)

My reply about posting snide remarks said that I don't tug on Superman's Cape, I don't Spit into the Wind, I don't pull the mask off the Lone Ranger and I don't know Jim. That I posted the reply to RTT before his link was removed because he posted it after the link to the Fourth Edition was removed and I believe that supporting piracy is wrong.

That message was deleted and apparently his software is set up to redirect banned members to unknown cyberspace.

I guess that is life in the big city!

Mike

Comment (1)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler