Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cochiseaz8

All I want for Christmas is.....

cochiseaz8
19 years ago

A Mantis electric tiller, 6.5 horsepower (or am I thinkin' gas????), a mantis 2 barrel composter, another acre to play with, a flat tine pitch fork, a new set of spurs, some green leather chaps, and for everyone who reads this, a happy and prosperous New year, fabulous growing season,,, and decent market prices, your favorite insentive caustic b@tch, darlene

Comments (12)

• Tikanas2
    19 years ago

Well Darlene, I don't find your requests unreasonable at all! I hope Santa brings all of those goodies to you. : )

I would like 8 pieces of 3/4" pvc pipe for vertical frames, 32 3/4" pvc elbow connectors, a gas powered leaf shredder and a big strong guy to FINALLY dig out these thorny blackberries which refuse to die!!

Merry Christmas!

Tikanas

• veilchen
    19 years ago

A gift cert. to Johnny's, Pinetree, and Tomato Growers Supply.

About 20 more pairs of those Mudd gloves.

I got my greenhouse already, so I really can't think of anything big that I need. Esp. since we figured out our riding lawnmower is the best leaf shredder yet.

A (substantial) gift cert. to Ollalie daylilies because they have a lot of very late bloomers.

One of those multi-year garden journals, and I swear next year I'll write in it at least twice a week.

• Tikanas2
    19 years ago

Veilchen, have you checked out mygardenjournal.com? Also, check out gardenboss.com You are already online and you might be more likely to make regular entries online.

I hope that Santa brings you everything you want, too. : )

Tikanas

• vgkg Z-7 Va
    19 years ago

An Early Spring! vgkg

• veilchen
    19 years ago

I checked those out, Tikanas. They are nice but there's something about having something in your hands to flip pages to and jot down notes. I would really like the one that has several entry spaces for each date, spanning over 10 years or so. So when you record something on say, May 1, you can see right there what you wrote last year on May 1, or several years ago on May 1--weather differences, etc.

• aka_peggy
    19 years ago

All I want for Christmas is a resident handy-man! The one that currently lives here doesn't like to garden and do all the outside chores that I NEED done to make (my) life easier. He's a computer video tech and his hands are softer than mine. In his defense however, he does help when I ask him nicely.

That's all I need...I don't need anything else. Well...a greenhouse would be nice but, hey...that's all I need. Or maybe one of those journals that Veilchen mentioned, that might be nice.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season and I hope everyone gets what they need from Santa.

• cochiseaz8
    Original Author
    19 years ago

This is the one thime that I'm not going to agree with Peggy.. Santa is for "wants" not "Needs"... Believe me ,, I need a bunch of stuff (that I won't get) But... the "want" list gets gratified once in a while... sooooo, I found that if I cross over now and again that the "needs" get met if I think about them in a differant way,,,,,, love darlene

• aka_peggy
    19 years ago

Want/need...it's all semantics. If I don't get a handy man soon I'm gonna shoot somebody with my squirt gun!

• cochiseaz8
    Original Author
    19 years ago

skrew the squirtgun! Get a wrist rocket .. I love to use em on the piggers, that and pellet guns. But seriously, the best way to get the hubby included on a project is to tell him what you want to do, then rent a sawz all and rev it up a couple of times in ear shot,, he'll be at your service within 5 minutes,,, works for me. love ya peg, darlene

• heidibird
    19 years ago

veilchen, did you ever find one of those multi year journals you were writing about? If so, where did you purchase it from? It would be wonderful to have one to look at and see several years worth of info for the same date on one page.
    ~Heidi

• Tikanas2
    19 years ago

I'd like to know too, Veilchen. I am missing the feeling of flipping through the pages. Also, I can't take my PC out to the garden : )

Tikanas

• Tikanas2
    19 years ago

I got one of my Christmas wishes! A nice fellow gardener came over and dug up all those nasty thorny blackberry plants!

Tikanas

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area