Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Ramps / Wild Leeks and stuff

Posted by scot z5 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 10, 11 at 21:22

i have copied this from a post i made on the general exchange list. after reading it i see that i sound greedy, this is not the case, i am just looking to make a substantial trade.

OK, i know how moronic this post is going to sound.
i have ramps (and other stuff of my page). i am looking for zone 5 hardy "oddball" or unique edibles.
things like but not limited to:
nut pines
chinquapins (really want as mine suffered a slight run in with some roundup)
eng walnut
heartnut
white mulberry
cherry plumb
buffalo berry
dead mans fingers (cant remember latin name, akieba relative)
uncommon rubus
hardy bamboo
tempt me!
i would prefer plants that fairly established as small seedlings are destined to die here. can easily include several opuntia species, cuttings from several varieties of ribes, male and female kiwi, large tuber species of jerusilem artichoke, suckers from aronia melanocarpa, cuttings from contorted and purple filberts, cuttings from an unknown upright corkscrew willow. i have many other fruiting plants and can provide rooted starts but you would have to wait for the layering process to do its thing (8-10 weeks) its the only propagation method i can perform with decent results due to my schedule.

i started cleaning up a bed this morining and it has ended up with my revamping several planting areas. ive managed to give away about 20 large ribes, rogusa, goumie etc and now have lots of empty space, since i am only home on the weekends i cant really plant anything that needs much pampering.

anyway, if you were able to make sense of this, and it sounds like something youd like to give a whirl, hit me up and see if i have something you want and of course other way around

i will put together a sizeable trade

scot

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Ramps / Wild Leeks and stuff

Hey Scot I know its been almost a year,but what are you doing with dead mens fingers?I can get you some.

o
RE: WANTED: Ramps / Wild Leeks and stuff

burkiwi,

can you get ramps?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here