Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nugrdnnut

You know you have cabin fever when...

nugrdnnut
10 years ago

... the neighbors are over and you ask if they want to see the seeds on your toilet paper, BEFORE you tell them what seed tape is. :-0

Please share your signs of cabin fever?

Comments (17)

• susanzone5 (NY)
    10 years ago

Our oil burner died last night at midnight and it's -4degrees out and 55 inside, waiting for repair man. Yeah, we're stuck in this cabin!

• pnbrown
    10 years ago

It's so cold out you can't use the outhouse. This is also a good signal that it's time to go south...

• soilent_green
    10 years ago

...you walk around the house all morning in your long underwear not realizing you forgot to put your pants on.

And not really caring once you realize it.

Me. This morning.

I really need to make stronger coffee. And put some pants on.

• Natures_Nature
    10 years ago

"...you walk around the house all morning in your long underwear not realizing you forgot to put your pants on."

I would be frozen solid sleeping, or just walking around in merely underwear! Forget about the coffee, how didn't the cold wake ya? Step outside... Lol

• glib
    10 years ago

Cabin fever may be bad, and this morning I went cross country skiing in balmy 23F weather. But I will probably get out again wednesday (it is going to be a snow day Monday), except for shoveling Monday. It will be -13F Tuesday morning.

• nancyjane_gardener
    10 years ago

It's 70* and you can't plant anything cause it's still freezing overnight. Stupid drought! Nancy

• elisa_z5
    10 years ago

Your water lines freeze and so you have no running water and you have to use drinking water to keep the indoor basil plant alive.

And . . . your water repair guy says if it's a break in the pipes, he wont be able to dig them up until spring, and so you consider going into hibernation along with the garlic.

• wertach zone 7-B SC
    10 years ago

"... the neighbors are over and you ask if they want to see the seeds on your toilet paper, BEFORE you tell them what seed tape is. :-0 "

I got a good laugh out of that one!

• lkzz
    10 years ago

You stare at your garden - knowing you should be out there adding leaves, etc. to the soil but it's just too cold.

Yet, you continue staring out the window...so very unproductive...sigh.

• wertach zone 7-B SC
    10 years ago

I haven't been able to get my leaves mulched and on the garden either LKZZ, too cold and too wet.

Thursday I found some small, almost mummified, red potatoes sprouting in the cabinet that i forgot about. I went out to the shed and potted them up in a 2 gallon container, knowing that they won't make it. But I need something growing!

I'm a little excited though, they have came up already and are starting to put on leaves! If I can keep them alive for about 3 months I'll try transplanting them.

I'm ready for spring!

• sweetquietplace
    10 years ago

So far, it looks like we'll have a weird winter to go with our weird summer.

I have a few TPS going in my window which should make tubers large enough to plant in the potato patch this spring, whenever it shows up.

I'm soooo longing to see the bright daffodils and dandelions blooming their heads off.

• Charlie
    10 years ago

I once talked to a man from Maine who said that the winters were so bad that he would start an argument with his wife to force himself to go outside into the cold and cool off. He told me that when he retired the was going to move south in is RV with a snow shovel tied to the front grill. The first place where someone asked him what was that thing on the front of his RV, he was going to settle down for his retirement.

• elisa_z5
    10 years ago

Great story about the Mainer!

• syntria
    10 years ago

Its pretty cold down south too! Not as bad as you guys have it but under 20 here in Texas.

I'm Seed-shopping right now and my head is spinning trying to pick the right varieties for my area and trying to find a few hand-me-down heirlooms too.

• glib
    10 years ago

If you have cabin fever, stepping out my door right now would cure you instantly. It is almost too cold to post.

• pnbrown
    10 years ago

I was in Belfast, ME during the last cold-blast, and yes, I could not wait to leave...

• zzackey
    10 years ago

20 degrees here last night! I miss living in central Florida. it is only 31 now. On Saturday it will be 79. Wacky weather.