Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pea pod issues.

Posted by silent88 none (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 17:57

I planted a whole bunch of peas and the plants looked to be doing great, producing what looked like perfect peas (in the early stages) and all the sudden my peas are getting these brown little holes/spots in them. It's frustrating! Had a huge explosion of flowers and was excited for the peas. I assume they are still edible and not that bad, but what is this issue? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pea pod issues.

It's most likely thrip damage. They do very little damage to the eating quality of the pods (except cosmetic), but they can spread disease between plants very easily.

o

Or is it stink bugs?

Would like to know where OP lives & gardens.

o

Ok, Thanks "nc-cm" for giving the information related to thrip damage. It's informative.

o

Hmmm could be thirps. Hadn't heard of them until now! Oh well I guess ill just eat them as they are....

I'm in Southern California.

Also oh a side note, isn't it interesting how whenever you google something related to gardening, 65% of the stuff is marijuana related? Lol.

o

If you research by using the scientific or botanical name for something horticultural, you won't have to wade through so much off-topic stuff and will turn up a high percentage of .edu sites.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here