Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
northshore3

embossable aluminum row markers

northshore3
10 years ago

Here is a marker I use for vegetables and bushes- The correct name for the pans I cut up for their aluminum is rectangular foil cake pans and also roasting pans. I googgled the dollar store bulk and that�s what they call them. The aluminum they are made of can be embossed with a ball point pen. Below that listing was a place called At Party City that had a product called alum. full steam pan lid that looked even better [no lines] if they are thick enough ? Perhaps catering companies have used ones they just throw out, I have found some nice material after our weekly pot luck dinners, lasagna pans and pie pans. . I just run them thru doggie preclean and then thru the dishwasher�good enough for plant markers. One other thing I used a sharpie marker to highlight the embossed letters for the picture, I doubt that it would last long in the garden, but the embossing lasts for years.

Comments (2)

• digdirt2
    10 years ago

Nice. A fair amount of work if one has lots of plants to label but and using thicker aluminum would not only be free, recycle aluminum cans, but the tags last for multiple seasons and no wire needed.

Dave

PS: You could have just added this to your previous post on this. That keeps all the info together for all to see. No need for a new thread.

Here is a link that might be useful: Your previous post on this issue

• northshore3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Dave thank you the tip on adding it to my similar post I'm rather new at posting and sharing ideas using the computer. I started making tags for my orchard [grafting] and morphed it into the garden.I see your point on construction time, it would indeed be faster and easier to use an different method , mini blinds and industrial sharpies [thank you xxxxx] for that information. I never knew industrial sharpies existed and combined with minnie blinds --fast and permanent and nonreflective -- my new method,as soon as my alum. markers get lost.
    However- have already tried alum cans and dicarded them as they do not emboss as deeply and therefor are harder to read as" pie pan aluminum" and it is somewhat more difficult to cut out of the can as opposed to a flat pan.