Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
welded utility wire or no-climb horse fencing?

Posted by catherinet z5 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 22, 12 at 11:35

I'm replacing my garden fence. We were going to use welded utility wire, but in my online searches, I'm wondering if the no-climb horse fencing would be just as good? I think its woven, not welded.
Have any of you used that type of fencing? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: welded utility wire or no-climb horse fencing?

If price is no object, go for the gold and use the horse fencing.

Get the best grade of galvinization that you can, for the longest life. Replacing fencing isn't THAT much fun!

If you're buying from HD or Lowes, check the source. If from China, the galvanized coating doesn't hold up well.

Sue

o

Thanks Sue! Its pretty hard to find much good anything anywhere these days!

o

Depending on what you're trying to keep in or out, you might consider livestock field fencing, which is not as pretty as welded fencing, but has spaces between the wires big enough to put your hand through, making it more useful as a trellis for veggies (similar in spacing to the sturdier cattle or hog panels) It comes in big, heavy rolls.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here