Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
galinas_hs

Gabbage growing from seeds - need an expert help

galinas
10 years ago

Hello, I am not novice in the gardening and I am planting all my seeds indoors. I started planting cabbages 3 years ago and first time the seedling were doing well and I had good cabbages. Then 2 years in a row my seeds germinated just fine, but few days after that they like stop developing, and sit there for 2-3 weeks with almost no visible development, some of them got a very small true leave, that doesn't grow. After that they start to get dry from the border of the leaves and finally just dry out. It doesn't look like dumping out - no black on the steam. I do hot water treatment to cabbage seeds (122 degrees 20 min). They germinated at 70 degrees and after that they are at 62 degrees, on the south-east window with additional 6500K lights for 14 hours a day. Soil - last year it was Miracle Grow(same as first time, when I had success) and this year it was 3:3:1:1 mix of sterile compost, coconut fiber, perlite, and vermiculite. Distance between plants in the box at least 2 inches. Both, green cabbage and cauliflower affected the same way.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I can't figure out, what was different first year form last two...

Comments (3)