Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
everythingirl1

Sulfur / Oil Spray Leaf Burn - What Happens now?

everythingirl1
14 years ago

Last fall my pole beans got rust and powd. mildew. So I sprayed with organocide oil spray at 6 AM. The leaves developed leaf burn. So with my spring garden I vowed not to let that happen. I asked my local nursery expert and he recommended that I spray oils in the evening and then wash off early the next AM and that way avoid burns. I did that and so far, no leaf burn.

Two weeks ago, my curcurbits (crookneck, butternut, cucumber, pumpkin), peach tree, and beans all started to develop various fungus, rusts, etc. So I decided to do an overall anti-fungus spray (the peach tree needed the sulfur spray) so rather than waste the leftover sulfur, I sprayed the squash, beans, and peach tree with sulfur. I also went ahead and sprayed some of the tomatoes. I figured since the sulfur was not an oil spray, it would be fine.

I sprayed with Bonide Sulfur Spray at 7 PM on a tuesday. On weds. morning I washed it off with water. On thursday afternoon, I noticed that the plants had bronzed leaves and curled tips. They have leaf burn!!! UGH!!!!

By Saturday they looked very sorry indeed.

So, what do I do to avoid this? Is it unavoidable? Any way to minimize the damage? After they are damaged, will they come back?

There is nothing worse to raise these little plants and then realize that you caused all of this damage to them.......

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm