Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with my green beans

Posted by leylowe 8b (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 5, 12 at 12:15

I'm attempting to grow pole beans for the first time in containers on my patio. They've been looking beautiful until today! A few of the leaves are looking strange. The best way I know to describe it is that it looks like the green is coming off of the leaf in places. I've attached a couple of pictures. We've had rain 3 days in a row here, and temps in the 80s. Wondering if mildew or mold is to blame. Thanks for any suggestions!

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo of leaf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with my green beans

Looks like sun or wind damage to me, unless it is spidermites, but since there is no yellowing, I lean towards the first. Were these inside then recently moved out? Did you have a particularly breezy day recently? Check the undersides for tiny tiny insects and if you don't find any, don't worry. I think they will bounce back just fine. Cheers!

o

Yes, it looks like sun damage. Did you perhaps get some water on the leaves during the heat of the day? Best to water at the ground level in the morning if you don't have a drip system.

o

Thank you - that's a relief! Yes, it rained midday, then the sun came out again. I haven't seen any insects except those little tiny flies that are supposed to eat aphids. Happy to see those!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here