Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
johnnygarden

Saticoy Cantaloupe

johnnygarden
15 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum but follow the tomato forum very closely.

My parents have been looking for saticoy cantaloupe seeds this year and no place online and no local stores carry the seeds right now.

My question is does anyone on this forum know where I can find some seeds for my parents?

Thanks in advance.

Johnny

Comments (4)

• farmerdilla
    15 years ago

I checked most of the vendors I know and they seem be out this year. Wetzels Seed has been the most reliable supplier of older hybrids for the past few years. Merrifield Gardens carrys thier stock and has been an excellent vendor for me. Out of Saticoy, but they still list Harpers Hybrid which is a good substitute.

Here is a link that might be useful: Merrifield

• wayne_5 zone 6a Central Indiana
    15 years ago

I supposedly grew Saticoy once...at least I had it marked as such. Mine weren't sweet, but the Sugar Queens right beside them were super.

• anney
    15 years ago

Wayne

Maybe you can comfort your folks by letting them know that Saticoy melons are very attractive to cucumber beetles. Just read it about an hour ago when I was researching plants that attract these pests.

It might be a good time to take famerdilla's advice about getting a good substitute for the Saticoys since none seem to be available. Your folks might find something else that tastes just as good or better to them.

• johnnygarden
    Original Author
    15 years ago

for all the responses. I actually found saticoy seeds on Ebay. Person was selling them in 20 and 10 seed packs. Hopefully they are the real thing.

My dad has been raising watermelons and cantaloupe for at least 40 years. He had some saticoy seed at home but has misplaced them.