Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancyjane_gardener

Cats...So far, so good!

Well, a couple of years ago a neighbor got some cats and didn't fix them (grrrrr). They ended up having kittens in our shed! This happened to another neighbor also!
The Humane Society had a deal that you could get your ferrell cats spayed/neutered and vaccinated for free then returned for "barn cats". We trapped a bunch and kept one for a gopher cat. The neighbor, however, kept several! They have all converged on my property because I feed mine outside (she won't come inside) earlier than she does!
So I've had to cover all unused beds for the winter and put wire on beds that I used for the winter.
We recently got a load of bamboo from freecycle, and while trimming the side shoots, I tried scattering them where I had planted some flowers in kind of a criss cross pattern.So far the cats have not disturbed those areas! AND we're talking fresh dirt which they LOVE to poop in! I stick 5 or 6 sticks in the ground like a fence, then criss cross them on any un-planted dirt.
The bamboo looks fairly natural and it takes years to break down! So you can pick it up when it's not needed and re-use it for several years!
As I said...So far, so good! Nancy

Comments (6)