Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
zucchini powerdy mildew

Posted by Sherry_Bell 9 (central fl) (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 18, 12 at 22:50

I am really new at this, any suggestions on how to take better care of them? Im not doing a good job

Click on the link below for the video link

Here is a link that might be useful: Video of my plants

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: zucchini powerdy mildew

Don't get water on the leaves. Try to water early in the morning. Your plants that you have in pots look good!

o

I've had good luck beating back powder mildew with diluted milk. 10:1 (or so) water to milk, preferably skim, but you can certainly use whatever you have in the house. Spray the leaves liberally, but not immediately before a rain, so that it doesn't wash off immediately.

Chamomile tea might work well, too.

o

I couldn't really see from the video what the zucchini leaves looked like. Can you post a still photo here? It is possible you don't have powdery mildew at all since zucchini often have natural pale patches on the leaves which do no harm. Look at the picture at the link and see what you think.

By the way - the plant you say is lavender in your video looks like Chenopodium bonus-henricus - Good King Henry, a weed I'm afraid, although an edible one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Normal white patches on zucchini

o

its going to be storming here for the next few days but after that, yes I will get a picture for you. Another symptom is that the fruit stopped growing. I ended up pulling alot of it off and discarding it.

So... I am growing a weed? lol story of my life , (giggling)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here