Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njitgrad

hardened enough?

njitgrad
10 years ago

Since May 1st I have been hardening my seedlings off, using a pretty erratic schedule because of my changing daily schedule and the stretch of sunny dry weather we had last week. For the most part I was keeping them in the shade longer and longer each day, occasionally giving them direct sunlight for an hour after 7pm.

On day 9 I left them on my patio table under the umbrella all day long. They received direct morning sunlight until noon and then where sheltered from direct sunlight by the umbrella after that point. I even left them out intentionally over night. I brought them in last night and am keeping them inside because of the threat of heavy t-storms today.

My tomatoes, cukes, peppers, and eggplants look very healthy but my basil seems to be getting a little questionable. Perhaps because they're not as mature as the rest of my seedlings.

Anyway...so I'm thinking since Sunday is supposed to be mostly sunny and since I am planning on planting everything in the ground Tues or Wed, would it be a good idea to leave them in my garden (where they will eventually be planted) for the entire day? It will be day 12.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting