Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Potatoes? again...

Posted by Itzybitzy 7NC (My Page) on
Wed, May 9, 12 at 8:56

So this is kinda embarrasing (dumb question)I have already asked on the companion planting forum with no answer:( So here we go:I am growing taters for the first time in containers:bags/black nursery containers,...they are doing great so far and now I'm trying to decide where to leave them permanently it seems like every single option I have are not good candidate,I have room next to melons,tomatoes,peppers/cabbage,onions.By the way only the potatoes are in containers the rest of the plants are on the ground.Wich one will be a better option or the companion rule apply only when taters are on the ground?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potatoes? again...

I have no idea. Potatoes should be maturing shortly, I am starting to dig mine, As the vines die back, you can use the space for something else.

o

Farmerdill:D I was wondering about that too I planted mine on March 20,and yesterday I got my hand under the roots of the plants and felt the little potatoes:)I kinda squeal a little bit...Is very exciting for me.Don't want to jinx it but butter and herbs crossed my mind...

o

Just keep them away from peppers and tomatoes. They're all vulnerable to the same pests and diseases, so no point in making those areas more attractive than necessary.

o

Thank you,"guys".I'll do that right now Edymnion:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here