Records are made to be broken

Posted by lonmower zone8 Western Oregon (My Page) on
Wed, May 9, 12 at 10:24

Overnight low tonight near or below freezing

PROTECT AND PRAY

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Records are made to be broken

Curse you global warming and your record low temperatures!

;P

o

lulz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTR-xzA8xLk

Here is a link that might be useful: lulz

o

• Posted by glib 5.5 (My Page) on
    Wed, May 9, 12 at 18:40

I just draped plastic over the tomato bed, and secured it with about 50 bricks. I may have to leave it up until early next week, it looks.

o

Feel you pain lonmower. Last week I got every grocery bag I could find. Taped bags together for larger plants, used blankets, DW just laughed, cardboard boxes, plywood scrape over buckets, and it all was golden! No hill for a climber!

o

This morning in Canby the thermometer reads 34F, there's frost on the roof, ice dew on the lawn, and the potato leaves are frosted and stiff. I have never seen this so late in May before. I have a few uncovered tomatoes and they will likely live. I suspect the air temperature didn't quite make it down to 32, but it doesn't have to for solid objects to ice over. Radiant heat loss and all that. Anyway, at this point a June frost within the next decade would not surprise me much.

o

I've seen frost in SE Michigan every month except July. About a decade ago, summer was ushered in by a very heavy frost on the morning of June 21st.

I've seen something that technically probably would qualify as snow fall from the sky in July with an air temp in the low 40s, although it was arguably possibly hail or sleet.

"Onslow's bicycle, oh, yes, why not Onslow's bicycle!" - Hyacinth Bucket (it's pronounced Bouquet!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here