Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cucumber Problems

Posted by mccoml 9 (My Page) on
Thu, May 10, 12 at 13:01

I'm relatively new to gardening, and I've started having problems with my cucumbers. At first they were turning a bit yellow, and I thought I had waited to long to trellis them. I had originally mounded them, but Florida rain washed my mounds down to bumps. But after I trellised them the problem persisted, and the yellow turned to a papery brown. I've done some research, and I think it's either anthracnose, or angular leaf spot. Can someone help? I've started treating them with Neem oil last week when I decided it is a problem, and I haven't noticed any improvement.

IMG_0751[1]

IMG_0752[1]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cucumber Problems

That's happened to mine a few times. I ignore it. Your blossoms look fine, so make sure the plant has all the nutrients it needs and the fruit should come out OK.

o

Do they look anything like mine? Mine are all turning yellow. It's been really hot and dry here and I water them but I wonder if they're not getting enough water?

Here is a link that might be useful: Cucumbers

o

Just be glad they don't have mildew.

o

I wish I could help. I have had something similar where the leaves just turned to white crunchy paper.
Definately took a toll on production. Never figured out what it was.

o

@lilcee, they look just like yours, but it's definitely not that they're not getting enough water. I'm pretty sure it's angular leaf spot, and have been treating it with every recipe in the book. I started with neem every week, no improvement, then I tried compost tea for 3 weeks, and it just kept getting worse.I tried copper fungicide for 2 weeks and a small improvement maybe? but then it started raining every day. I tried baking soda, but it hasn't been dry for days so I can't tell if that was effective. I've decided on switching between milk spray and baking soda, and if it doesn't improve I'm pulling up the plants and putting down butternut squash!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here