Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silent88

Tomato Plant Black spot!

silent88
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I've grown tomatoes in the past without any knowledge at all, some were even dug into clay mixed with compost and did pretty well. But this year I had a raised bed built when we got our landscaping in and I can't get anything to grow!!! I don't know if the soil is bad or what! I put fertilizer in, but it's really frustrating. My beans are not growing fast and look sickly - HOW CAN YOU KILL BEANS? Only one zucchini plant and my peas are doing mildly well. But besides that problem, my tomatoes I keep buying seem to develop black spot after a couple of days! I'm getting tired of dealing with this disease. I already had to return one and exchange it... not that plant has it. I've NEVER had tomato diseases ever before even when I was just winging it. I don't really want to keep pulling them up and exchanging them at the nursery... I was considering trying a copper spray for the fungus... I don't want to put anything toxic into my garden so I wanted to know people's opinions on this. (I may be asking questions later on why everything I touch DIES.)

Comments (5)