Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ventaak

Romaine Lettuce being attacked?

ventaak
9 years ago

I've already confirmed that I've got spider mites and bought some insecticidal soap to deal with them.

However, I was wondering if this could be some sort of fungus?

I started this lettuce on March 1st. Then at the beginning of the week, I started to notice the outer leaves getting small brown spots, translucent/transparent spots, and some minor yellowing. As I pulled off the outer leaves, the next healthy inner layer would have the same issue when I woke up the next day. It wasn't until Tuesday that I saw the spider mites, but I wasn't able to pick up some insecticidal soap until yesterday.

Of course nearly the entirety of all three heads were destroyed by the time I got the soap, but I've already started some new lettuce two weeks ago and they're coming in nicely in a different windowsill. They're using the same MiracleGro soil as the sicks ones, so now I'm worried that the same thing will happen. I'm almost certain the spider mites came from the soil because I've had my windows close from March until now because of the unusually cold spring weather.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County