Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ScareCrow

Posted by victory_tea2085 z6 Ny (My Page) on
Fri, May 10, 13 at 14:52

Looking to buy "ScareCrow" a sprinkler that comes on when an animal goes into your vegetable garden. It has an electronic eye. Any one have any experience with this device? Thanks, Paul

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ScareCrow

Yes. I have had them for several years now. They absolutely do work, as long as you keep the batteries fresh and the water turned on. Just remember that they work on YOU as well, so do your best to point them away from walkways and remember to turn them off before you enter their eye zone. They have eliminated all deer damage from my yard.

o

Donna., thanks for the reply- do you have the ScareCrow brand or something else. Paul

o

Scare Crow brand. They are great. I do try to make sure they are not guarding too large an area. In my garden, I have two on duty to be sure the entire area is well covered.

o

I haven't used this device myself, but I have heard first-hand from others that it works really well when used in a small area.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetable Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here